Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Let the games begin!

Baseball season has arrived..finally.  Trace' s coach called to give us details about his practices and what not. We got the gloves oiled, the bats swinging, and the uniforms ready to wear! We are ready, This weekend we are taking a trip to Jackson, Tn for the Renegades first tournament. They are all excited and ready to play.

We get grief from some people about the amount of time we spend on the field. Yes, it's a lot of time and money spent, but we wouldn't have it any other way. We love watching our boys play. We met some of our very best friends on through baseball. We are all like family. Our boys are like brothers. they play together and sometimes fight.. but hey, they are eight year old boys, right? Over all, they have a good time together.

Growing up, I played soccer. I loved it. I played up until I hurt my knee and couldn't play anymore. Then when I had children I decided to let them play whatever sport they chose and it was baseball. Trace grew up on the baseball field. That's all he knows. Trevor was three when he started playing.  I want my boys to do whatever they want. If baseball takes them somewhere when they get older, then so be it. If it doesn't, that's fine too. As long as they want it, we'll be there to support them.

So for right now, that's how our life is spent, on the baseball field.

No comments:

Post a Comment