Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mom and Dad vs. Trace-- Round 1

We've been having a battle at the Blansett household- Trace's battle with food. No, he's not eating too much, he not eating enough. Trace's menu consists of chicken, macaroni and cheese, Ramen noodles, and anything sweet and that's it. I failed as a mother on this part because its mainly my fault. I believe what kids are fed when they are toddlers is what they grow a custom to. Well when he was a baby and toddler I gave him a variety of food and he liked most of it. When he got old enough to talk the battle started. He let me know what he liked and didn't like and I, of course, gave in. I mean how could you say no to a dimpled sweet face?

Both of my boys are healthy and not over weight. They are active, but I want Trace to eat more and healthier. He's a skinny kid to be five years. Tonight I cooked meat loaf, mac&cheese, and green beans...and guess what? He ate only the mac&cheese and then I was told that if he ate the other stuff he would throw up. UGH that kid comes up with some stuff I tell ya. So after this fight at dinner Troy and I decided to make a change: no junk is coming back into this house.. well Trace won't know it's here anyway. We are not going to leave him an option. he's going to eat what I cook or else. I hate bringing to this point, but somethings got to give. I don't want him growing up with health problem related to bad eating habits and its all my fault. I should have taken action sooner.

 See what I'm talking about? Look at the sweet face...ah such a heart breaker.
I hope everyone wishes us luck through this change as Trace is not going to be happy. He won't understand that we are taking away junk to benefit him because we love him and want him to be healthy. Now, the next step is to get the g'parents to take our side and help us out with this when he's at their house. We'll see how that goes. Like I said before he's so hard to say no to.

1 comment:

  1. Let me know how that goes April as I go thru that with Soma. She is healthy but has a limited menu of foods that she will eat. Plus the junk. I don't feed her now until she says she wants something. She actually eats more of the good stuff if I let her ask for it. I was an extremely picky eater my self as a child and would sit at the table for hours and not eat. I am not going to stress about it like everyone in my life did. It still bugs me to hear someone say but you may like it if you try it. Although, i did not have the junk like they do now. I have elemented lots of the junk in Soma's life. Keep me informed. Tiff

    ReplyDelete