Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My Papa

My Papa will be be gone six years on May 5th,. I think about him everyday. I cry as I am typing this because my heart hurts so badly, I nuiss him.

Papa was my hero, my father. I remember his laughter, his smile. I have only good memories of him. He had nine grandchildren; eight girls and one boy. He had us all spolied rotten. He made us believe that he had a secret candy factory hidden under his bed. That man loved candy, especially chocolate covered cherries and M&Ms. Someone always got him the collector M&M man every Christmas. He believed that everything old or rare "would be a collectable someday" and he played the lottery faithfully. He worked up until the day his body gave in. He always provided for his family with our needs and most of our wants. Papa paid for my first year of college and was so proud that I decided to go. I wanted to make him proud.

I used to write notes to him every morning asking him to get me up at a certain time for work. I later found every single note from me that he kept. He never said I love you a lot, but I knew without a doubt that man loved me. Trevor thought  Papa hung the moon. He would have to go with Trev just to get a haircut. Trevor wouldn't go without him. I remember Trev sitting in Papa's lap while he got his hair cut and the look on Papa's face was priceless. They loved each other so much, As I look at Trevor today, I see some of my grandfather in him. The way he sits sometimes, his smile and I see my grandfather in Trevor's eyes no matter what anyone says; I see him. I'm really sad that Papa never got to meet Trace. He did name him though. He knew we were having a boy and picked out Trace. Papa died 12 hours after Trace was born. He waited on him to be born before he went. I was the last to speak to him and I let him know that Trace and I were fine and he was healthy. His last words to me were "OK" He didn't have the strenght to talk, but he let me know that he was listening.

I want the world to know what kind of man my Papa was. He was a hardworker, loyal, friend, father, husband, brother,uncle, and most importanly he was my Papa. I miss him each and everyday. He was saved when he died, so I know for a fact that he's in Heaven looking down and watching over all of us. I just want him to know just how much I love him and miss him.

Dear Papa,
 I love you to the moon and back.

Love, Tink Tink

No comments:

Post a Comment