Thursday, March 15, 2012

Her name is Briley Jane...

It's been a while, I know. I want to share with the world our new little girl Briley Jane. Troy and I welcomed her into this world on Wednesday Feburary 1, 2012 at 3:36 pm weighing 7lbs 6oz and 20 1/2 inches long. She is beautiful. She has dark brown hair and blue eyes. She has her daddy's eyes and her momma's nose. God made her perfectly, He made her just for us.

When we found out we were pregnant, there were a lot of emotions. To be honest, we were finished having kids after Trace. Then God had other plans for us and now that she's here I know now why.

If you know me and you know my history, you know about my relationship with my mother. It's a story that no child should ever have to explain. Growing up I had a good childhood because of my dad and my dad's parents. My mother wasn't a mother. My grandparents gave me a good life. But a girl should have her mother to raise her, to teach her how to be a strong woman, a mother, and a wife. She didn't. I believe that not all women were made to be mothers. My insecurities with my mom has caused a lot of heartache and pain. I've almost lost a couple of amazing friends because of my issues with trust and people wanting to be close to me. Thank God, they love me and wanted to stay in my life. I know that God has put them in my life.

 We found out on October 11th that we were having a little girl. I was scared to death. How was I going to raise a little girl? To be honest I was afraid that I wasn't going to be a good mother to a girl, just because of my history with my mom. What if i didn't connect with her? I was worried, then I layed eyes on her and my whole world changed.

I love my little girl, she and her brothers are my world. I love them with my whole heart. I want to be a role model to her and raise her to be a strong woman, mother, and wife... someday in the far far far future. I will be a good mother to her. All my fears are gone now and I love that little girl more than life itself. So now I want to thank my mother. Thank her for showing me how not to be, thank her for making me want to love my children like there's no tomorrow.

God gave me a gift, a gift to prove to myself that I can be different, that I can be a good mother to a little girl. That I'm not like her. He gave me a gift to fill the emptiness of a mother/daughter relationship. He gave me Briley Jane.

1 comment:

  1. You are one of the best mothers and anyone who truly matters in your life already knows that you love your kids more than anything.. Your mother could never compare in any way to you. I am sure your boys will agree & Briley too, that u are an amazing mom!!!

    ReplyDelete