Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

Today is my first Mother's Day with Briley. She's made this day so special just because she's here with all of us. Our little family wouldn't be complete without her. '
  This day can be emotional for some. Some people are having a hard time because their mothers have passed on or are no longer in their lives. We all have a story of some sort.

Today seems extra special because there are women in my life that has stepped in and has taken the place of my mother.

I had surgery Friday. I can't lift anything , and that includes my baby girl. My mother in law has stayed with us the whole weekend and helped me out with her and the boys. I am grateful for her, she has always been there. She doesn't get told enough by anyone how much she is appreciated. She does so much for so many and ask for nothing in return. She has taught me how to be a better mother and I'll always be thankful for that.

Mother's Day shouldn't be about gifts, flowers, cards, etc. It should be about taking the time to stop and say thank you for your mother, grandmother, aunt, sister or whoever else impacts your life. It's a special day to let them know how much they are loved and appreciated.

I thank my God that He gave me three little people that call me mommy. I have Mother's Day everyday when i look at my three beautiful children.

So to the special women in my life thank you so much for being there, giving me advice, being my "mom", and being  the best friend a girl could ever ask for. Yes, we've had falling out, but you loved me enough to stay in my life through my crazy pregnancy phase. Thank you for sticking by me. That means more than you'll ever know. You know who you are.


Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers out there. I hope you take time to realize what a blessing it is to have someone call you Mommy.



ApRiL

No comments:

Post a Comment