Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Ready for Christmas!!

We only have a few days left before the guy in red suit arrives.  We are almost ready. I only have a few more gifts to buy.I'll probably be one of the crazies  people shopping on Christmas Eve. Trevor and Trace are ready. Ready to be with family and open all of their gifts. To be honest, I can't wait either. My favorite is watching the looks on their faces while opening all the presents.

Christmas at our house is very traditional. Growing up we did it a lot differently that Troy's family. When i was a kid, we opened our gifts a few days before Christmas, so I never really got to experience the "Christmas morning." All of Troy's family gather on Christmas Eve to eat, open gifts, and just be together. It;s so much fun and its one of the things that I look forward to every year. We did that long ago with my whole family until my parents divorced and then my aunts and uncles went their separate ways. I'm not really sure why it happened, but it did and it made me sad.I missed all of them at Christmastime.

I want my kids to know the real reason of Christmas and they do. Christmas morning we always sing Happy Birthday to Jesus and they understand its the season for giving. We always choose a family to give to and I try to teach them the importance of giving to less unfortunate. Trevor has it down... Trace, not so much.

I want everyone to have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!  Enjoy the time you spend with your family and friends. Don't take the moments for granted and enjoy the presence of family and love for your family. Jesus is the reason we all celebrate Christmas and that should NEVER be forgotten.

MERRY CHRISTMAS.. We are jumping for joy at our house!!


No comments:

Post a Comment